Available Inventory At:
Indian Gooseberry/Amla Powder (நெல்லிக்காய் பொடி)
- Anti-aging Properties : Amla prevents health-related hyperlipidemia by reducing the number of free radicals in the body through its antioxidant qualities.
- Helps to Improve Appetite : Consuming Gooseberry powder with butter and honey before a meal improves appetite. It also helps balance nitrogen levels, thereby increasing weight in a healthy way.
- Aids in Calcium Absorption : One of the less discussed benefits of amla is how it helps the body absorb calcium in a positive way.
- Hair Care : Amla is used in many hair tonics because it enriches  hair growth and hair pigmentation.
- Eye Care : Taking Gooseberry powder with honey is good for improving eyesight and studies have shown it to improve near-sightedness and cataracts while reducing intra-ocular tension.
- Improves Metabolic Activity : Eating foods that are high in protein is one of the most important ways to stay healthy since proteins are an essential part of our body’s metabolic activities.
- Helps to Treat Menstrual Cramps : The minerals and vitamins in amla combine to make it very useful in the treatment of menstrual cramps.
- Helps to Control Diabetes : Gooseberry contains chromium, which has a therapeutic value for diabetic patients. Indian gooseberry stimulates the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin, thereby reducing blood sugar in diabetic patients and keeping their body balanced and healthy.
- Aids in Digestion : Amla is very high in fiber, like most fruits. Fiber adds bulk to the stool and helps move food through the bowels and keeps their movements regular. This reduces the chances of constipation.
- Helps to Prevent Heart Diseases : The gooseberry strengthens the heart muscles, so the blood circulation is done throughout the body. By reducing excess cholesterol buildup, chromium in amla can reduce the chances of atherosclerosis or plaque buildup in the vessels and arteries. This can reduce the chances of stroke and heart attack. The iron content in it promotes the creation of new red blood cells, thereby increasing circulation, and the oxygenation of organs and cells to maximize growth and regeneration of tissue while keeping the blood vessels and arteries clean.
- Treats Infection : Due to its antibacterial and astringent attributes, Indian gooseberries protect against infection and improve the body’s immune response.
- Helps to Relieve Diarrhea & Dysentery : Due to its strong cooling and laxative properties, Gooseberry is a useful component in remedies for diarrhea and dysentery. It provides great relief for the gastric syndrome and hyperchlorhydria.